Este artículo tiene:
Do you dislike using the social network Instagram? Do you lack the time to check all the posts or are you just tired of it? Do you think it’s unsafe?
There are many reasons that motivate a user to delete Instagram account. If that’s what you’re looking for, you’ll be happy to know that you can say goodbye to one of the most used social networks anytime you want and in a simple way.
If you do not know how to delete Instagram account and delete your profile on this network, do not despair! You’ll know how to do it in no time. And if you’re not so sure about permanently closing your account, you’ll also learn about another option that has proven to be much safer in cases of regret.
What you should consider before closing your Instagram account
Deleting an Instagram account is not an easy decision. For indisputably this is one of the most popular communication platforms in the world. Moreover, it is a medium that gives any user an incredible potential to carry information in a fast, effective, secure and very widespread way.
The acceptance of this network has been so astounding, that it is rare for a user to seek to remove it. Some claim they have made that decision on impulse. So powerful is Instagram, that they have decided that you can upload photos to Instagram from your PC or Mac computer.
But it’s also possible that someone may want to unsubscribe from Instagram to protect personal security or may have more than one account on this platform. Still, you should evaluate your decision before it is too late.
The advantages and disadvantages of Instagram are quite varied, in fact, many users struggle daily to keep their personal and business accounts active, and to prevent others from violating their privacy policies. So, whatever reason you have for deleting it, think it through, lest you regret it later.
Disabling vs deleting an Instagram account
If you are still unsure about deleting your Instagram account for good, you have the wonderful option of deactivating or disabling your account. This being so, no one will be able to access the content of your profile and only when you decide to do so will you reappear in searches.
Many people choose to disable their account for security or looking for a little break from this social network, without the risk of losing the content published.
On the other hand, Instagram will give you a deadline for you to reactivate it. Of course, if you wish, you can do so before that deadline by logging in with your email and password.
On the other hand, when you delete an Instagram account, all your data (photos, videos, likes, comments and followers) are definitely deleted and there will be no way for you to recover them.
But if you have already made the decision to delete your Instagram account, you should keep in mind that neither deactivating nor deleting it can be done from a mobile device. Therefore, to do this process you need to sign in from a computer.
An important thing to do, if you don’t want to lose your favorite content, is to take some steps in this regard. Depending on the type of file you want to save you can do it through screenshots or downloads (Learn how to download Instagram photos and how to download Instagram stories). You can also download some app that will make this cumbersome process easier for you or simply back up the content.
How to deactivate an account on Instagram temporarily
The Instagram mobile application, will always favor the account deactivation option. In fact, this process is much simpler than closing it permanently. To achieve this you must follow the following steps:
- Locate a computer and have your personal and security account information ready.
- Log in by entering your email address and password.
- Once your account is open, click on your user to get an overview of your user.
- Click on the “Edit profile” option.
- At the bottom of the right column you will see the option “Temporarily disable my account”.
- After that a menu will appear where you must select the reason why you are disabling the account. If none of the reasons shown match your reason, you can also explain the reason by selecting the “other reason” option.
- Enter your email and password again, and select the “Continue with the process”
Remember that to re-activate your account on this network you will only need to log in as you have always done.
How to delete Instagram account permanently
If you thought about it, and you still want to close your profile permanently on the Instagram platform, you can also do it in a simple way. To get to delete an account from this social network, you must first be connected from a PC. Then you must follow each of the steps you will see below:
- Save or protect the photos and videos you want to keep (only if you want to).
- Find a computer where you can perform the process and have the account password handy in case you don’t remember it.
- Go to the “Support” or “Help” option. You can find it at the bottom of the page.
- Then type into the search engine an expression that reflects your desire to permanently abandon the account, such as “Delete account” or “Delete profile”.
- A series of results will now appear for your search and you should choose the one that best suits your requirement (many select the first option).
- Once inside, you will be able to access instructions on how to delete an Instagram account.
- Now you must click on a link where you will then be asked to explain the reason why you are deleting the account. You will also be recommended the temporary deactivation option.
- When you choose a reason, a series of suggestions will drop down to try to convince you not to close the account. But if you still wish to delete it, just go ahead, enter your password and click “Permanently delete my account.”
Something important you should know is that, if in the future you wish to create another account on this platform,you will not be able to put the same name for your user. This is a security measure so that no one can impersonate you.
That’s it, you’ve been able to delete your Instagram account. Now enjoy your free time and, if you regret it, you can always recreate an Instagram account.