Este artículo tiene:
- 1 What is Digital Content and how is it different from other platforms?
- 2 Why is it in the interest of a company to publish content every month?
- 3 Okay yes, but…how does Digital Content work on the inside? Step-by-step user guide
Content is King, or as we like to say around here, content is King. A website without content is predestined to disappear. We’ve all seen the feeling of abandonment that an outdated website conveys.
On the other hand, the creation of unique quality content that retains users, along with a good choice of keywords used for the website to rank for them, is imperative to achieve organic visits from Google or Bing.
Now, when we have a business, we leave the creation of content for our website in the background, with a variety of excuses: we are not experts in writing articles, we do not know what keywords to use or how to use them to position our website in Google, or simply lack of time. What is yours?
That’s where content platforms like Digital Content.Sign up for Digital Content now .
What is Digital Content and how is it different from other platforms?
It is a platform that offers a complete service of quality content for any kind of project.
What sets it apart from other platforms is that it has a monthly subscription to automate the whole process so you don’t have to worry about anything.
They research the keywords, make a proposal for titles and publication schedule, select the best writer, and create articles suitable for each project.
Until now, it was normal for a content platform to write them after the exact request of a user, being the user who decided the keywords that interested him and placed the orders at the pace he wanted, with the workload involved in doing the keyword research and planning the editorial calendar to place orders.
And while that’s fine for one-off content requests, a serious web project will need quality content on a regular basis so that both Google and users take it into account and rank it in the best possible way.
This is where the difference between Digital Content and other platforms becomes important, since thanks to the subscription model that offers, it is achieved that the websites have a monthly strategy of optimized content with respect to SEO with keywords so that the project can be positioned naturally on Google.
This way, not only provides quality articles written by professional writers for users who visit the website, but all will be designed with an SEO objective that fits in a positioning strategy.Register with Digital Content now
Why is it in the interest of a company to publish content every month?
Having new content on a regular basis has three advantages:
- Offer useful information to users, so that your project ends up gathering a large amount of information that positions you as an expert and leader of valuable content in your sector.
- Increase the number of keywords for which the project will be visible in search engines thanks to SEO content, with the traffic of new users that this may imply.
- Get Google to give you more relevance by checking that you have new content on a regular basis. When a site has not been updated for a long time, it can be a signal for Google to consider it as negative and place in the top positions other websites that do maintain a regular rhythm of publications month after month.
Okay yes, but…how does Digital Content work on the inside? Step-by-step user guide
As there is no better way to understand how something works than with a practical example, let’s assume that we are a local company in Barcelona that wants to make the leap into the digital world. In this case, a florist’s shop.
Let’s see what the process is like that you would have to follow to implement a content strategy using this platform as a tool to delegate all the heavy lifting, from keyword research, through content writing tasks and the monthly editorial calendar.
We can divide the platform in 4 steps until we have our flower shop automated in its online part:
- Create the project and indicate how we want its content to be.
- Approve the proposed articles SEOptimized that are created for your project.
- Automatic creation of the editorial calendar.
- Download the content in Word or HTML to use on your website.
It looks easy so far doesn’t it? It is. Let’s see how the flower shop in the example would go about using the Digital Content platform to have an entire month’s worth of content in just a few minutes.
Step 1 – Create the flower shop project
Once we have registered on the platform indicating our data and confirming our email, it’s time to create the project inside it.
At this point, Digital Content asks us to give all the data we can about our project in order to do a proper keyword research for us and find the most important keywords for our business.
It can be divided into 4 sections of relevant information:
- Project name: This is the name we want to give to identify our flower shop on the platform in case we have more projects.
- Target audience: Anything that helps to know who the website is aimed at, who will buy our services, what are their tastes and interests, what is their age?
- Style and structure: Here we indicate how we want the articles to be, the tone in which they will be written (formal or informal) or if we prefer to speak in third or first person to give more closeness or stay more formal.
- SEO and Benchmarketing Configuration: Here you can enter relevant information for SEO, both the URL of your own project and those of up to 3 competitors to “spy” on what they are doing and use that information to take advantage of it in your project.
An example of what our flower shop could look like once the fields in this section have been filled in:
- Name: Floristería Ramos Ecológicos de Barcelona.
- Target audience: Young couples between 20 and 40 years old, weddings and special celebrations such as Valentine’s Day.
- Style and structure: Write in an informal way and talking to them in a person to person way to create closeness. Friendly and close tone.
- SEO and Benchmarketing configuration:
- My project: floristeriaramosecologicos.com.
- Rival 1: rival1.com.
- Rival 2: rival2.com.
- SEO keywords: florist Barcelona, florist home, flowers in Barcelona.
The SEO settings section is optional, so don’t panic if you have no idea who your competitors are or what SEO words are most important. That said, the more information you can include, the better.
Step 2 – Approve the content proposal
Once the project is created, it’s time to wait. In 24 or 48 hours you will have available a content proposal along with all the important information for you for each article.
- Delivery date.
- Suggested title.
- Minimum words of the article.
- Description of what will be discussed in the content.
- Main keyword and its search volume.
- Positioning difficulty.
- Secondary keyword.
In short, everything you need to know. It will be enough to accept the proposal to get to work on each professional article SEOptimized. Or if there is something you don’t like, you can directly ask for a modification and indicate what you want them to change.
Step 3 – Editorial calendar
Once the proposed articles are accepted, step 3 comes. From the platform they create an editorial calendar for you for the whole month you are subscribed to.
This way you will know at a glance what is the status of each article and the dates that had been proposed for delivery.
If you need to, you can go from the calendar to each item and look at all the details of the item.
Step 4 – Download the articles
Once the day indicated in the editorial calendar arrives, the article will be available for us to download and use in our project.
To do this, we would go into our florist editorial calendar and click on the corresponding day to access the details and the article in question.
In the details, there is a section that allows you to download it in WORD or HTML format, as you prefer. Just download it and upload it to the florist’s website, and you’re ready to go.
Step 5 EXTRA – Bonus Items
Although this step is not among the 4 steps that are actually used to create a project from start to finish, it’s interesting to know that we have this option.
If we want we can order extra articles for any project without having to make a new subscription.
In this case, you would fill in the delivery date, length, keywords, etc., and that’s it. After payment, on the requested date you will receive the article in the panel you have as a user. Easy and simple.Sign up for Digital Content now
As you can see, using the professional and SEOptimized monthly subscription content service offered by Digital Content is quick and simple.
In just 15 minutes (or less), you have a whole month’s worth of posts ready with all the keyword research and optimization work for each article separately.
And this tool can be easily developed in an intuitive and pleasant way thanks to a web design that makes it easy to work within the platform.